JWA has two libraries, which serves the needs of all our students, parents and teachers. The Early Years collection is housed in the EY campus and the Elementary collection in the ES campus.
Our libraries fully support the PYP with a wide range of English, Chinese and Indonesian language materials.
Gathering information, describing and recording data, sorting and categorizing, interpreting, drawing conclusions and presenting are all research skills required for life-long learning.
All resources housed in the library impact on each learner’s ability to learn.
The six guiding principles of the libraries are:
Information Literacy – to develop students’ skills in finding and using information independently;
- Reading – to develop confidence and enjoyment of literature
- Access – to access information within and beyond the school
- Service – to ensure that library users are supported and welcome
- Information Resources – to provide a wide variety of information resources including extensive use of ICT
- Environment – to offer stimulating and comfortable reading environments for the JWA community to share
Students visit the library weekly at a scheduled time with their homeroom teachers. Students may also drop by at the end of the school day with a parent.
Parents are also encouraged to check out materials for their children.
We encourage you to stop by the library and take a look at the wonderful selection offered.
Helping students learn to read and love reading is a team effort.
We welcome contact from parents and are keen to support developing reading and use of the library by the JWA community.